Sandra Munro's Practical Guide to Food Vacuum Sealing Ebook is coming along nicely and we are super excited about it's upcoming release. Only a couple of weeks to wait and we'll be sure to let you know as soon as it's available!
We've also included a bunch of free recipes from our good friends at Thermal Cookware who have kindly allowed us to share some of their best thermal cooking recipes, perfect for batch cooking and bulk vacuum sealing into easy ready-made meals.
With halloween coming up we thought we'd share this delicious and easy Pumpkin Soup recipe!
A deliciously creamy pumpkin soup with a touch of bacon tang. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Soup - serves 6
2 Tbs Olive Oil
2 diced onions
3 cloves garlic
3 rashers bacon, trimmed and diced
1 Massel vegetable stock cube
1 kg pumpkin, peeled and cut into fairly large chunks
6 stalks parsley
1/2 cup milk or coconut milk powder
Salt & pepper to taste
Garnish: Sour cream and chopped chives
1. Gently fry the onions, garlic and bacon in the butter and olive oil in a pot over a medium heat.
2. Turn the heat down and add the pumpkin and enough boiling water to fill the pot to approximately 80% then add the stock cube, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. If you have a thermal cooker you can turn the heat off and place soup in thermal cooker for 1 hour,
or: Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer on a low heat for 1 hour with the lid on.
4. After at least 1 hour, remove from heat and puree the soup with milk or coconut milk powder.
5. Serve and garnish with sour cream and chopped chives.
6. Portion the soup into takeaway containers and once cool, place in the freezer.
7. Once frozen, remove from container and vacuum seal.
8. When hungry, remove from freezer place bag in boiling water for 5 minutes and serve!